Skip Navigation
Angelo State University
Campus Map

Search Site

Information for:

Home of Champions Monument

This brick monument marks the spot of the Cow Palace, the nickname of the original gymnasium on the ASU campus. The gym was built from a surplus hangar from a local Army airfield after World War II. Even though the basketball court was 8 feet shorter than a regulation floor, it didn’t stop the Rams basketball team from winning the 1957 National Junior College Athletic Association Championship, the first of the institution’s four national championships.

ASU Logo