Dr. Susan Abernathy
|8 - 9 a.m., 10-11 a.m.||1:30 - 2 p.m., 3:15 - 4:15 p.m.||10 - 11 a.m., 1 - 2 p.m.||1:30 - 2 p.m., 3:15 - 4:15 p.m.||8 - 9 a.m., 10-11 a.m.|
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Louisiana State University
- M.S. in Mathematics, Louisiana State University
- B.A. in Mathematics, Trinity University
Low-dimensional topology, especially knot theory, tangle embedding, and skein theory.
- Even and odd Kauffman bracket ideals for genus-1 tangles. Joint with Patrick M. Gilmer. New York Journal of Mathematics 22 (2016), 1039-1053.
- The Kauffman bracket ideal for genus-1 tangles. Journal of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications 24 (2015), no. 2.
- A reduced set of moves on one-vertex ribbon graphs coming from links. Joint with C. Armond, M. Cohen, O. Dasbach, C. Penn, H. Russell, and N. Stoltzfus. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 142 (2014), no. 3, 737-752.
- On Krebes’ tangle. Topology and Its Applications 160 (2013), no. 12, 1379-1383.