Business Administration Master’s Degree (M.B.A.)
Our online Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree program offers a broad perspective and is designed to develop and enhance the knowledge valuable to executives, administrators and managers.
The educational emphasis of the program is on organizational decision-making. The program is appropriate for those pursuing or seeking a career at the executive level in either public or private organizations.
DegreeMaster of Business Administration
- Sales and marketing management
- Retail management
- Strategic planning
- Management consulting
- Human resource management
- Executive-level positions in public or private organizations
The M.B.A program is available either online or in a traditional face-to-face delivery mode. Online sections are offered in 8-week terms (two per long semester), while the face-to-face sections are 16-week, full semester classes. Students are free to choose either format at any time.
Consisting of only 30 semester credit hours, the M.B.A. program can be completed in as few as 12 months for full-time time students; part-time students will take longer, depending on the number of classes taken each semester.
Our highly qualified business faculty members have doctoral degrees, and many have significant business experience.
- GMAT or GRE scores
- GRE/GMAT test is waived if student has a 3.0 in last 60 hours or 2.5 with 3 years of meaningful work experience
- No essay required
- All college and university transcripts
Those students who hold an undergraduate business degree should be prepared to start the MBA curriculum without any foundation courses. Those who hold an undergraduate degree in an area other than business may be required to complete one or more of the following foundation requirements:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Understanding Corporate Finance
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Math and Statistics
Each of these foundation requirements can be completed by successfully completing the appropriate IVY online modules. The self-paced IVY modules can be found online at www.ivysoftware.com. Once each module has been completed with a minimum grade of 80, a completion certificate should be submitted to the MBA Director.
Some of these foundation requirements may be waived by the MBA Director for those students who can demonstrate successful prior course work in these areas. The foundation requirements for each student are determined on a case-by-case basis. It is generally expected that the student will complete all the necessary foundation requirements before they will be permitted to enroll in an MBA course.
Spring: December 1
Fall: July 15
International Student Spring: November 1
International Student Fall: June 10
Other Application Deadlines:
Summer: April 1
Students must complete 10 required courses for a total of 30 semester credit hours. There are no elective courses in the MBA program. The required courses are:
- ACCT 6301 – Advanced Management Accounting
- ECON 6311 – Managerial Economics
- FINC 6301 – Financial Management
- MGMT 6301 – Management Information Systems
- MGMT 6302 – Legal and Social Environment of Business
- MGMT 6303 – Advanced Data Analytics
- MGMT 6311 – Organization Behavior and Leadership
- MGMT 6312 – Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MGMT 6313 – Strategic Management in a Global Environment (capstone)*
- MKTG 6301 – Marketing Management
*The ETS Major Field Test for the M.B.A. must be taken in conjunction with this course as a graduation requirement.
Carr Graduate Scholarships
Carr Graduate Scholarships are ASU’s premier scholarships for graduate students. Awards are based on undergraduate GPA. Students are considered for the Carr Graduate Scholarship upon their acceptance into the College of Graduate Studies. No application is required.