How to Set Up VPN on iOS Devices
All ASU students, faculty, and staff must complete the Remote Network Access Request form before using VPN software.
- Download Cisco AnyConnect from the App Store.
- Once installed, open the app.
- Tap Connections. Then tap Add VPN Connection.
- Enter a Description such as “Angelo”. Enter vpn.angelo.edu as the server address. Tap Save.
- AnyConnect will ask you to allow VPN Configurations. Tap Allow then enter your device’s passcode or Touch ID to continue.
- Open the AnyConnect app.
- Make sure the Angelo connection is selected and tap the AnyConnect VPN toggle.
- Make sure the proper group (Students or Facstaff) is selected, and enter your RamPort username and password.
- Faculty and Staff only - connection requires a second password for authentication using Duo. See the Duo Security page for more information about enrolling in and using Duo for two-factor authentication.
- Tap Connect.
- Tap Accept to agree to the usage terms.
You are now connected to the ASU network and will see a VPN icon in your device’s status bar. Tap the AnyConnect VPN toggle in the AnyConnect app to disconnect when you are finished.