- Agricultural Science and Leadership (teacher certification available)
- Animal Science
- Food Animal Science and Marketing
- Natural Resource Management
- Five-year Integrated Bachelor’s in Agribusiness with a Master’s in Business Administration
We also offer a series of courses designed for students interested in pre-veterinary medicine.
Graduate students can earn a Master of Science in animal science that allows them to choose a particular area of emphasis.
An agriculture degree can prepare you for a career in one of these areas:
- Agriculture service industry management
- Agricultural lending
- Agricultural publications or media
- Animal research
- Crop consultants
- Extension service
- Food product development
- Food safety and inspection
- Pharmaceutical and feed sales
- Ranch management
- Soil conservationist
- Wildlife management
For more information about agriculture careers, visit the Career Development Office.
- ASU operates the Management, Instruction and Research (MIR) Center on about 6,000 acres near San Angelo. More commonly called the ASU Ranch, it allows students to gain experience in all phases of cattle, sheep and goat production as well as range and wildlife management. The center also includes the Food Safety and Product Development Laboratory and a 2,800-square-foot greenhouse.
- Students can compete on our Judging Teams for livestock, meats and wool as well as our Livestock Show Teams. Each team is competitive in contests throughout the United States.
- San Angelo is home to the largest sheep and goat auction in the United States. The city also hosts the largest cattle auction in Texas.