- Photodisc Green
Our students enjoy a wide range of research opportunities, biological resources and laboratory access. We also offer a Master of Science in biology.
A biology degree can prepare you for a career in:
- Government agencies
- Nature centers and parks
- Environmental organizations
For more career information, visit the Career Development Office.
- Faculty in our department maintain the Angelo State Natural History Collections, which contain thousands of samples of plants, mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles.
- The department supports a strong undergraduate research program that allows students to work one-on-one with faculty mentors.
- Faculty with doctoral degrees teach all upper-division courses and labs. Many have won numerous awards for teaching, research and service.
- The Biology Department has produced many award-winning students in the areas of service and research.
- The department boasts one of the highest acceptance rates to health professions schools among public four-year institutions in Texas.
- Tri-Beta, the biology honor society, has won the best chapter in the nation award seven times, more than any other school in the nation.
- Students are well prepared for post-baccalaureate research and health professions education programs.
- The department engages in many community outreach projects at local schools, clinics, and civic organizations.