An English degree can help prepare you to become a:
For more information about English careers, visit the Career Development Office.
- Our faculty help students improve their skills in clear writing, analytical thinking and literary interpretation.
- Our annual literary and artistic magazine, Oasis, offers students experience in editing and design. Students may also submit their own writing, photography or graphic art.
- Our faculty practice what they teach. They write for publication, edit professional journals and present their scholarship at conferences. Several faculty members also edit the Concho River Review, a semi-annual literary journal published by ASU.
- Our department hosts the annual ASU Writers Conference that attracts guest writers from across the country.
- Student organizations within the English program include the National Council for Teachers of English, Sigma Tau Delta, Society for Technical Communication, Book of the Month Club, and Wordsmiths, Orators, Rhetoricians, Document Designers and Scholars (WORDS).