- Bachelor of Science with a major in interdisciplinary studies
Areas of concentration:
- Teacher (elementary or middle school)
- Special Education
In addition to schools, other work settings for graduates include educational service centers, state department of education offices, and business and industry. For more career information, visit the Career Development Office.
- Students gain extensive field experience prior to student teaching.
- Our department stresses personal contact and advising, and all faculty members are available to speak with students whenever needed.
- Three active organizations are available to students: the Council for Exceptional Children, the ASU Chapter of the Texas State Teacher Association (TSTA) and Kappa Delta Pi (education honor society).
- Our department sponsors international study abroad programs through the ASU Center for International Studies.