Provides practitioners with the most up-to-date, independent, and assessed healthcare information, protocols, systematic reviews, abstracts, technology assessments, economic evaluations, and clinical trials abstracts.
It contains the following databases:
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR) - leading resource for full-text systematic reviews in health care
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effectiveness (DARE) - contains abstracts of systematic reviews that have been quality-assessed - each abstract includes a summary of the review together with a critical commentary about the overall quality
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) - includes title and summary information of published articles taken from bibliographic databases (notably MEDLINE and EMBASE), and other published and unpublished sources
- Cochrane Methodology Register (CMR) - bibliography of publications that report on methods used in the conduct of controlled trials - includes journal articles, books, and conference proceedings (no longer updated)
- Health Technology Assessment Database (HTA) - brings together details of completed and ongoing health technology assessments (studies of the medical, social, ethical, and economic implications of healthcare interventions) from around the world to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of health care
- NHS Economic Evaluator Database (EED) - assists decision-makers by systematically identifying economic evaluations from around the world, appraising their quality, and highlighting their relative strengths and weaknesses