Searchable online collection of non-current issues (‘backfile’) of selected core scholarly (peer-reviewed) journals in a broad range of disciplines.
The time lag between the most current issues of a journal title and the content available in JSTOR is called “moving wall.” It varies from publisher to publisher. The majority of journals in JSTOR have moving walls of between 3 and 5 years, but publishers may elect walls anywhere from zero to 10 years.
Subjects covered include:
- Area Studies (African, Asian, Latin American, Middle East, and Slavic Studies)
- Arts (architecture & architectural history, art & art history, music, performing arts)
- Business and Economics (business, development studies, economics, finance, management & organizational behavior, marketing & advertising)
- Humanities (classical studies, feminist & women’s studies, film studies, folklore, language & literature, philosophy, religion)
- Medicine and Allied Health (health policy, health sciences, public health, social work)
- Science and Mathematics (aquatic sciences, biological sciences, botany & plant sciences, ecology, geology, mathematics, statistics, zoology)
- Social Sciences (archaeology, education, psychology, public policy & administration, sociology)