Dr. Kendra Nicks
- Sc.D., Physical Therapy, Texas Tech University Health Science Center
- B.S., Physical Therapy, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- Examination/management musculoskeletal system problems
- Examination/management of neuromuscular system problems
Areas of Expertise:
- Manual therapy of the spine (certification)
- Effects of manual therapy on musculoskeletal problems
Dr. Nicks joined ASU’s Physical Therapy Department in 2012 and teaches lecture and laboratory in the DPT curriculum including Evidence Based Practice Seminar and Musculoskeletal Examination and Intervention. Dr. Nicks’ prior teaching experience includes a continuing education course on ACL Tear Screening and Prevention in Female Athletes as well as many years of clinical instructor experience for both Physical Therapy and Physical Therapy Assistant students.
Dr. Nicks is a Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist (COMT) by the International Academy of Orthopedic Medicine with specialty in manual therapy of the spine. Dr. Nicks earned her ScD in Physical Therapy from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Lubbock, and her Bachelor of Science from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.
Dr. Nicks has practiced as a licensed physical therapist for 17 years in many clinical settings. She has served as director of rehab as well as staff physical therapist in rural hospital, outpatient orthopedic, skilled nursing facilities, home health, and school systems. Dr. Nicks has served as a consultant for small school athletic programs and their coaches.