A Resolution to amend Rule IV: Duties of the Senate Clerk in The Angelo State University Student Government Association Rules of the Senate
The Angelo State University Student Government Association wants to amend Rule IV: Duties of the Senate Clerk Sections 1-15 in the Rules of the Senate.
The duties of the Senate Clerk differ from the Duties stated in the Rules of the Senate.
The duties stated are carried out by the Secretary and not the Senate Clerk.
There are different duties that the Senate Clerk carries out. Sections 1-15 shall be striked out and new duties will be added.
1. The Senate clerk will be responsible for taking roll at all Senate and committee meetings.
2. He/she will be in charge of keeping track of every senator’s attendance at Senate, committee meeting and other events to alert the SGA secretary if he/she violates the attendance policies.
3. He/she will be responsible for creating and planning content for SGA’s social media accounts and circulating media, stories, and content for other Angelo State University accounts (examples: Snapchat, Facebook, and Instagram)
4. He/she will keep track of the senator’s documented service hours and organizational outreach for SGA outside of meeting times.
5. He/she will perform other duties recommended by the SGA president or assigned by the Director of Student Life.
6. The Senate Clerk shall
a. Be nominated by the Senate and elected by a majority vote of the Senate.
b. Assist the Student Body Secretary in keeping a permanent record of all student Senate proceeding in the form of minutes, to be posted within three days after the meeting.
c. Complete all the responsibilities of the Student Body Secretary in his/her absence or until a suitable replacement is selected.
Be it Resolved:
The Angelo State University Student Government Association shall amend Rule IV: Duties of the Senate Clerk Sections 1-15 and replaced with the new duties.