Returning to Campus This Fall
Angelo State University will return to 100% capacity beginning with the fall 2021 semester. This includes students, faculty and staff. President Hawkins released an email to campus April 19 that outlined the following factors in this decision.
- The decreasing coronavirus positivity rate and hospitalizations here in San Angelo and statewide.
- The low number of positive cases on the campus over an extended 45-day period.
- The increased vaccine availability and increased number of staff, faculty, and students who have taken/plan to take the vaccine..
- The lessons learned and experiences gained from working together as a team.
- The positive indications of achieving “herd immunity” over the summer months.
- The positive teaming and partnership arrangement with Shannon Clinic, here in San Angelo.
We will continue to monitor all guidance and information provided from the CDC and our local public health experts. If the situation changes, we will take the appropriate steps to change, as well, in order to make sure the health, safety, and welfare of the Ram Family continues to be our top priority.
Safety Standards (effective May 17, 2021)
- Students, faculty and staff are required to complete the wellness check only if they are experiencing symptoms.
- Masks are optional everywhere on campus.
- Food will be served individually and not buffet-style.
- 3-feet of social distancing will be observed. Space capacity will be used at 75%.
- Washing hands is highly encouraged to prevent spread of all germs.
- Students who do not pass the wellness check should contact their instructors, just as they would for any illness.
- Students who do not feel comfortable coming back to in-person classes should look for online class opportunities or seek an ADA accommodation.
Please address any questions to Sam Spooner, director of risk and emergency management.
Check out CDC guidance and resources if you have not been vaccinated.