We can’t stress this enough – our commitment to the health, safety and well-being of the entire Ram Family is a high priority. We are taking all the necessary measures recommended by local and state officials and the Centers for Disease Control.
- We are working closely with our partner, ABM, and members across campus to make sure classrooms and spaces are sanitized regularly.
- We have purchased high-quality disinfecting sprayers to help sanitize campus locations. These sprayers are designed to thoroughly coat areas with EPA approved environmentally friendly disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are being installed throughout campus, including at all building entrances and exits, as well as restroom entrances and exits.
- Disinfecting wipes stations are being installed near classrooms across campus.
- Remember, wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and avoid touching your face.
- Per a policy set by the Texas Tech University System, face coverings are required to be worn by the entire campus community (students, faculty, staff, visitors, vendors and contractors) while on campus or in university facilities.
- Specific requirements and exceptions are noted in the policy.
- Students taking classes on campus will receive an Angelo State face covering (while supplies last). We also strongly recommend you bring face coverings with you to campus.
- Face coverings must cover both the nose and mouth.
- Read more about face coverings
Social Distancing Protocols
- Per a policy set by the Texas Tech University System, campus events must be limited to less than 10 people.
- We will follow social distancing protocols set forth by the CDC.
- Signage will be placed throughout campus, both reminding you to socially distance, as well as note six-foot markers between you and the person in front of/behind you.
- Classroom capacities have been reduced to maximize social distancing.
- Some areas (hallways, stairwells, etc.) may offer directional signage to keep traffic moving in the same direction.
- Avoid sitting in large groups in common places, such as the library, UC and areas of the residence halls.
- Barriers are being put in place in customer-focused areas.
Health and Screening
- You are encouraged to stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Automatic daily wellness screenings will be required to keep the Ram Family safe.
- After completing the daily wellness screening a badge will be generated with today’s date. This badge may be necessary to enter certain areas of campus, so have it handy on your phone.
- Students who indicate the need for additional screening can download and use the Shannon on Demand app to receive medical advice and to determine whether or not they need to be tested. You may also contact your own doctor.
- If you are living on campus and you need to self-isolate, you may be moved from your current residence hall to a self-isolation location on campus until you have met the CDC recovery guidelines.
- Read more about what happens if you get sick during the semester
- Complete your daily wellness screening
- Visitor information
The plans outlined are based on information available as of Sept. 17 and are subject to change. Decisions and guidelines will continue to be made based on guidance from local and state health officials and the Centers for Disease Control.