Counseling Services at Angelo State University provides limited short-term therapy to currently enrolled students with a paid medical services fee. Therapy options include individual, group, couples, family, and teletherapy. Counseling Services can also help connect students to community resources if a higher level of care is needed.
Appointments can be made by calling 325-942-2371 or visiting Counseling Services, at 1901 Johnson St, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.- 3 p.m.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening situation, call 911 immediately or go to your nearest emergency room.
Are you having a mental health crisis?
In the last seven days, have you:
- Created a plan to attempt suicide or inflict serious bodily harm on someone else?
- Attempted suicide or made verbal or written threats to do so?
- Been physically and/or sexually assaulted?
- Heard or seen things that may not be real?
- Had a severe reaction to a psychiatric medication?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be having a mental health crisis. Please visit Counseling Services between 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., go to the nearest emergency room, or call the 24/7 ASU Crisis Helpline at 325-486-6345
Are you concerned about someone else?
If you are concerned someone on campus is a threat to themselves or others, you have several options.
- If you believe there is an imminent threat, contact campus police at 325-942-2071 or dial 911 immediately.
- If you would like guidance on how to talk to a friend or colleague, contact Counseling Services at 325-942-2371 to set up an appointment.
- If you would like someone from the university to reach out to the concerned individual, please fill out a Students of Concern Form.
Free Mental Health Videos
PsychHub is an online library of engaging videos to help support your mental health.