About Counseling Services
- If you are already established at Counseling Services, please call 325-942-2371 to set up, cancel, or reschedule an appointment. To protect your confidentiality, Counseling Services does not email clients.
- If you are seeking an appointment outside of your regularly scheduled appointment due to an emergency you may come to Counseling Services between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. or call the ASU Crisis HelpLine at 423-486-6345.
- If you have never been to Counseling Services before you may call 325-942-2371 to setup an intake appointment or you can come to Counseling Services between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- We can send you text appointment reminders to help you remember your session. Appointment reminders are sent out 24 hours before your session. Although appointment reminders are a courtesy, it is ultimately your responsibility to remember your appointments.
- Due to the high volume of students seeking counseling services, students are expected to communicate with Counseling Services if unable to come to scheduled appointments. Multiple no shows or cancellations may result in becoming ineligible for services.
- All current ASU students are eligible for free counseling services with a paid medical services fee. Students not charged the medical services fee may become eligible by opting-in at MedicalFee.
- Faculty and staff in crisis may receive a one-time consultation session and be referred to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Eligibility for counseling begins 7 days prior to the first day of classes and ends 7 days after the last day of class for the current semester.
- Couples/Family Counseling - Students can utilize couples or family counseling as long as one of the attendees is a current eligible student.
- Continuity of Care - If you are a current client and you are graduating or withdrawing from the university, Counseling Services will provide you up to three visits as we work to transition your care to another provider.
- Summer Term – If you are not enrolled in summer courses, you can still utilize counseling services by paying the medical services fee for summer I and/or summer II in Student Accounts or at MedicalFee.
Counseling Services adheres to state and federal laws to protect your private information. No information is released to anyone outside of Counseling Services without your written permission except in a few limited situations.
Limits to confidentiality:
- An imminent threat of harm to yourself, an imminent threat of harm to another
- A reasonable suspicion of children, dependent adults or elderly people abuse
- A valid court order for the disclosure of client files.
- In an effort to provide you with the most comprehensive care clinicians at Counseling Services may consult with each other to provide more effective service
- If your counselor is a graduate level practicum student – they may share your information with their supervisor to provide you with the best care.
ASU Counseling Services embraces the distinctive identities of each individual. Counseling Services provides a safe, affirming environment inclusive of our diverse student body. Staff members provide culturally competent counseling that is respectful of the unique experiences and concerns of all students and is sensitive to the needs of individuals often marginalized by society including but not limited to: LGBTQ+ students, racial and ethnic minorities, international students, students with disabilities, neurotypical students, veterans, and students of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds and religious/spiritual beliefs.
Counseling Services at ASU is designed to facilitate student growth and wellness through counseling, provide mental health education for the campus community through creative outreach programming, and create meaningful interdepartmental partnerships to enhance student success through collaborations; all in an effort to promote a healthy and safe campus community.
Upcoming EventsJanuary 241:00pmJanuary 271:00pm - 5:00pmHealth and Human Services Building, Room 104January 281:00pm - 5:00pmHealth and Human Services Building, Room 104
Make An Appointment
Students with health issues can go to the University Health Clinic.
Find us on…