University Health Clinic
Angelo State University and Shannon Clinic have become partners to serve ASU Student Health.
ASU Coronavirus Updates:
Shannon Health COVID-19 Information:
University Health Services
The primary campus location is 2237 S. Jackson Street Urgent Care, the University Sports Medicine Clinic, Shannon Clinic - Jackson. The Health Clinic provides confidential services to ASU students who have paid the current Medical Services Fee.
Angelo State University and Shannon Clinic have become partners to serve ASU Student Health. Students who are registered, attending classes, and have paid the medical services fee have access to unlimited visits to all Shannon Urgent Care locations for basic, medical care by board certified healthcare providers at no additional cost. Summer term students and distance and online learners can access clinic services by paying the fee for the semester they desire clinic services.
The contract between ASU and Shannon provides ASU students with:
- Basic medical care that can be given within the confines of an exam room (i.e., diagnostics, needed prescriptions written, some treatments);
- Some basic laboratory services and
- Basic X-Ray services at their Urgent Care South and West clinic locations.
The following medical services are NOT included and are the responsibility of the ASU student/patient:
- Medical care delivered at Emergency Rooms
- Shannon Medical Center (the main hospital)
- Referred medical specialists
- Prescription drugs.
Insurance will be filed (no co-pays or deductibles are collected for regular clinic appointments when insurance is filed). Insurance is not required for an ASU student (who has paid the medical services fee) to receive medical care at the available Shannon Clinic Urgent Care locations.
The payment of the compulsory Medical Services Fee at ASU and/or the use of the University Clinic do not satisfy the requirements of the ACA.
Open Enrollment, Health Insurance Information
The Texas Tech University System Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is offered through Aetna.
For More Information:
- Please call Academic HealthPlans at 855-850-4299 (toll free) to talk to an insurance agent.
- Please see AHP, Academic Health Plans
For the Affordable Care Act:
- Special Open Enrollment is NOW through August 15. For more information visit HealthCare.gov.
For Medical Records Requests:
- Please go to Shannon Medical Records and follow the directions. All request(s) are made through Shannon Clinic in this manner.
- For More Information: call 325-657-5198
Mental Health Emergencies
In case of an emergency, call 911 or the ASU Crisis HelpLine at 325-486-6345.
We’re Here to help!
Shannon Nurse Helpline
Available to ASU Students 24/7/365.
Call 325-481-2002 to reach the Shannon COM Center, then identify yourself as an ASU student and ask to be connected with the Nurse Helpline.
Bring Your ASU OneCard
Students must present their valid ASU OneCard to access university health services. Distance Learners who would like to have access to campus health services can opt in by paying the Medical Services Fee to the Student Accounts Office. For more information, please call us at 325-942-2171.
Have you received your HPV vaccine?
Students need 3 doses of the HPV vaccine for it to be effective.