HSA promotes scholarship, fellowship and multicultural awareness, and represents the Honors Program on campus and in the community. Student leaders select speakers for campus presentations on general and professional topics and organize social and service events for Honors Program students.
President: Clay Loper
Vice President: Avery Schafer
Secretary: Tressa Reading
Treasurer: Tom Hodge
Historian: Kaci Wainscott
Intramural Liaison: Logan Leto
One of the things that the Angelo State University Honors Student Association proudly participates with, year in and year out, is the great community of San Angelo, Texas.
Life with HSA
Starting off at college is rough, students in HSA are encouraged to connect with each other through different social events on campus. Networks of honors students are where some of our favorite memories come from.
Students in HSA are active in on-campus intramural sports. This allows our students to spend time together competing against other on-campus teams in a variety of sports.
Business Meetings (7:30 p.m.)
- Sept. 11
- Oct. 9
- Nov. 6
- Nov. 20
Speaker Meetings (7:30 p.m.)
- Sept. 25
- Oct. 23
- Honors BBQ: Sept. 8, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Picnic on the Green: Oct. 8, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Murder Mystery Party: Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
- Chopped!: Nov. 17, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Holiday Party: Dec. 2, 10 a.m. - noon
- Taste of San Angelo: Sept. 19, 4:30-8:30 p.m.
- Family Day Ram Jam: Sept. 23, 2-5:30 p.m.
- 2nd Annual Concho Valley Crime Stoppers Golf Tournament: Oct. 14, 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Fall Sweep: Oct. 14, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Children’s Advocacy Center Family Fall Festival: Oct. 17, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Adult Literacy Council Book Sale: Oct. 18, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. & Oct. 19, 5-9 p.m.
- Homecoming Ram Jam: Oct. 21, 2-5:30 p.m.
- Dia De Dyslexia: Oct. 22, 3-7 p.m.
- 20 Under 40 Awards Ceremony: Oct. 26, 5-10 p.m.
- Spooktacular Fest: Oct. 29, 4-8 p.m.
- Concho Valley Turning Point Food Bank Fundraiser: Nov. 5, 10:45 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Special Olympics Bowling: Nov. 18, 7:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 11:15 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- ASU Annual Christmas Tree Lighting: Nov. 28, 4-8 p.m.
Sept. 25, 2023
Charlotte Anderson comes from Houston, Texas where she worked in the Oil and Gas industry. She moved to West Texas in 1991, and in 1994 she and her husband developed a business model to open Angelo Burger Company in San Angelo, Texas. After 5 successful stores over 17 years, the Chamber’s Diversity Award and several “Best Burger” features, Charlotte joined the Walmart Corporation and Sam’s Club in 2011 where she led her region in Marketing and Business Development. She had the best membership profile in the Southwest region and top 1% of the company. She also led, and trained associates in Abilene, Lubbock, and the Dallas area. She served Children’s Miracle Network, San Angelo Convention and Visitors Bureau, Women’s Roundtable Event, and has been a guest speaker, leadership emcee, and facilitator for numerous community and chamber events. For the past 3 years she has been the Executive Director of Keep San Angelo Beautiful and Conservation Manager for the City of San Angelo. Keep San Angelo Beautiful is a Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB) three-year Gold Star Affiliate, won the 2023 KTB Beautify Texas Award for Public Education and Outreach, received the 2023 Governor’s Community Achievement Award for Sustained Excellence, is a KTB Mentor, Webinar and Conference Guest Speaker. She serves on the SAISD Career, Technology and Education Board supporting non-profit educational opportunities, San Angelo Clubhouse Advisory Board providing programming and resources for the mental health community, and the Tom Green County Horticulture Committee for the Texas A&M Agri-life Extension team where she fosters a love of the environment.