ASU’s AFROTC Detachment 847 will host its annual Drill Meet on April 3, 2021. We will waive all registration fees. We will stop taking applications on 10 February and limiting attendance. Exact number of students is TBD.
The activities will include:
- Compete against JROTC units from around the state.
- Visit ASU and Air Force ROTC detachment facilities.
- Interact with college cadets, and instructors.
- Earn individual or unit awards.
Free of charge at Angelo State University CAF.
AFROTC is currently working with the San Angelo Chamber of Commerce and Angelo State University to establish discounted lodging costs.
In addition to the academic fairs, schools will compete in the following categories:
- Armed and Unarmed Regulation/Inspection
- Armed and Unarmed Exhibition
- Male and Female/Mixed Color Guard
- Saber Regulation
- Armed Tandem/Individual
- Warrior Challenge
- Knockout (Drill Down)