Biology at Angelo State
Why Biology at ASU?
- Strong Field Biology Program – Our students regularly accompany faculty on research outings to area ranches, deserts and mountain ranges. Some have even gone to the Galapagos Islands.
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities – Our students regularly present award-winning research at regional and national organizational meetings and conferences.
- Award-Winning Tri-Beta Chapter – Our chapter of the Beta Beta Beta Biology Honor Society has been named the top chapter in the nation a record six times.
- Natural History Collections – The Angelo State Natural History Collections contain more than 80,000 plant and animal specimens that are used for classroom and research purposes.
- Acceptance to Health Professions Schools – Our department’s acceptance rates to medical and other health professions schools are significantly higher than both the state and national averages.
What does ASU offer?
The Biology Department offers these bachelor’s degrees:
Thesis and non-thesis options are available for both of these graduate programs:
The Biology Department Office is Room 101 on the first floor of the Cavness Science Building, which can be found on the campus map.
Department of Biology
Angelo State University
ASU Station #10890
San Angelo, TX 76909-0890
Phone: 325-942-2189, ext. 231