If you have career aspirations of becoming a health professional, let Angelo State University be a stepping stone to get you on your way.
- How to Prepare
- Benefits of the Program
- General Information
- Evaluating and Applying
- Pre-Health Timeline
- JAMP (For Economically Disadvantaged Students)
- Texas Medical and Professional Schools
- Hear from Former ASU Students in Medical School
Achieve your Goals
We can give you guidance if you are interested in becoming a physician, dentist, optometrist, podiatrist, chiropractor or physician assistant. We have a tradition of excellence at ASU, and our experienced, caring faculty members take great pride in helping you achieve your academic and professional goals in these growing fields.
- The ASU Biology Department offers you personal, one-on-one advising with experienced and knowledgeable faculty.
- We provide each of our students with a comprehensive and detailed Health Professions Evaluation (HPE).
- ASU is well-known for its outstanding evaluations, and that is a definite advantage when you apply for these schools in the future.
Students interested in studying pre-pharmacy are advised by the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department. Those who want to pursue careers in veterinary medicine are advised by the Agriculture Department.