Minor in Public Relations
- Develop and apply the skills used by public relations (PR) professionals.
- Improve your critical-analysis and creative-thinking skills.
- Learn how to manage the reputation of an organization, product or brand.
Our PR Minor is designed for students who already have effective writing skills and a basic understanding of communication and/or business theory.
Your courses will include a heavy writing component. They will not serve as remedial courses – and can’t be substituted for required courses in your major.
Communication or Mass Media majors may not choose the PR Minor.
The PR Minor consists of 18 credit hours, including four upper-level core courses. You can earn this minor by taking the following courses:
- Communication 2330
- Communication 1337 or 2344 – or Mass Media 1337
- Communication 3321 or 3336
- Communication 3336 or 4337
- Communication 4335
- Communication 4337