Prepare for careers in the media industry by training as reporters, videographers and editors.
Ram TV students research and produce weekly programs that highlight world news, university events, departments, professors and students. This material is broadcast on the university’s educational access channel as well as San Angelo’s local FOX affiliate KIDY. Locally you can watch on Suddenlink cable channel 6.
“Ram TV Director Donald Plachno really impacted the way I view my work and gave me creative ways to get better as I prepared for life after college.”
“I chose Ram TV because I like editing, and I wanted to learn more outside of class. I also wanted the opportunity to produce different content and increase my experience for my resume.”
“I decided to work at Ram TV because I wanted to gain all the experience I could in many different areas. I’ve spent a lot of time working with our media, and I’ve really enjoyed all of it.”
- Arts & Humanities: A series featuring local art, music and movies in the San Angelo area and on the ASU campus.
- Symposium: Watch lectureships, speakers and conferences hosted on the ASU campus.
- Who’s Who @ ASU: Interviews with students, faculty and staff who make a difference at ASU.
- What 2 Do @ ASU: A first-hand look at all the facilities available to students on the ASU Campus.
- What’s 4 U @ ASU: This show focuses on student organizations and departmental highlights.
- From the Office of the President: An informative monthly interview with ASU President Ronnie D. Hawkins Jr.
- NASA: Pre-recorded and live-streaming events from past to present centering on America’s Space Program
In addition to our current programming, we provide a new and improved text roll in High Definition widescreen, equipped with the ASU Fight Song and images of ASU activities. The text roll provides up-to-date news, information and department contacts to students, faculty and staff.
For access to our student-run website, visit RamTV.