Computer Science Career Opportunities
When you graduate with a degree in computer science or cybersecurity from Angelo State, you can expect to possess a variety of skills necessary to succeed. You will also be prepared to explore job opportunities in multiple areas.
- Graduates can effectively develop and apply the skills inherent in systems engineering where requirements, design, configuration, integration, project management, quality assurance and process applications are necessary.
- Graduates can effectively use information technology to gather, store and communicate data in appropriate formats.
- Graduates will be able to evaluate and use skills relating to the differing technological tools used to manipulate, report or operate with data acquisition.
- Graduates will understand roles within teams, work units, departments, organizations, inter-organizational systems and the larger environment.
- Graduates will have developed the skills and abilities to research career pathways in computer science and other technical fields, in particular the technical skills and knowledge required to pursue targeted careers for all pathways in their chosen fields.
- Graduates will be able to effectively apply trouble-shooting skills in identifying and mitigating hardware, software and networking security-related problems and incidents.
- Research and development
- Computer programming
- Computer game development
- Mobile application development
- Internet programming and development
- Web development
- Systems analysis
- Computer and network security
- Information technology management
- Software development
- Database administration
- Hardware engineering
- Systems management
- Data communication network design
- Network administration
- Computer network protection
- System, application, cloud, and data protection
- Cybersecurity skills in defense, operations, and response
- Digital forensics
- Intrusion detection
- Protecting computer and network infrastructures from cyber attacks
- Risk assessment
- Collaboration and communication
- Cybersecurity analyst
- Software developer/engineer
- Cybersecurity consultant
- Vulnerability analyst/penetration tester
- Cybersecurity manager/administrator
- Network engineer/architect
- Systems engineer
- Senior software developer
- Systems administrator