Cybersecurity Summer Camp
CyberCamp@ASU is a free, hands-on technical cybersecurity camp, open for all middle school and high school students from San Angelo and the surrounding area.
June 20-24, 2022
About the Camp
CyberCamp@ASU is open for all middle school and high school students from San Angelo and the surrounding area. We will have multiple student sessions for beginners and for those who have previous experience. Classes will be taught by experienced faculty and cybersecurity experts.
As part of the Cyber Camp, students will be focused on the AFA Cyber Camp curriculum each morning, which will culminate in an exciting team-based competition on the last day to put campers in the role of IT administrators tasked with finding and addressing cybersecurity vulnerabilities in simulated network environments. In the afternoons, students will interact with area businesses to learn first-hand how they are combating cyber threats, as well as hear from local cybersecurity professionals, among other topics.
Coinciding with the student’s summer camp will be a Teachers’ Workshop to train high school and middle school teachers in cybersecurity. The workshop will take place on the ASU Campus from June 20-24; educators will also have opportunities to observe sessions during the student camp.
This program is supported by a grant from the NSA and in collaboration with The University of Texas at San Antonio.
Parking on Campus
- ASU requires all vehicles parked on campus, to have a parking permit. A CyberCamp@ASU parking permit will be emailed to the participants’ parent/guardian.
- Please read the 2021-2022 Traffic Parking Rules and Regulations and the Visitor Parking Information.
All participating students must have the following required forms completed and submitted by a parent/guardian:
- ASU Cybersecurity Camp 2022 Student Registration Form
- ASU Cybersecurity Camp 2022 Release and Consent Form
- Acknowledgment and Release Agreement
- Camp Medical Information
Medical History Information
- Authorization of Treatment and Medical Release
- Photography, Video and Sound Recording Release
Please ensure all questions are answered or not applicable (n/a) is entered, as applicable. Submitting incomplete forms will not hold a seat and will only delay the registration process.
If you are a high school and middle school teacher in San Angelo, you are eligible for this free hands-on cybersecurity training program.