Here, you will learn from faculty who are professional engineers as you develop the real-world knowledge and skills you need to succeed in a wide variety of engineering career fields, or advance to graduate school.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (B.S.C.E.)
- In Person
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (B.S.M.E.)
- In Person
Our B.S.C.E. and B.S.M.E. programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Angelo State Engineering Scholars Program
ASU Trailblazer: Travis Barnett
Class of 2012, B.S. in Applied Physics
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “I had Dr. Dick Apronti for my engineering graphics class, and he showed me the beginning steps of Solidworks, which is an engineering design program. Off that foundation, I was able to use it in California and grow in my Solidworks experience.”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong><a href="/iamangelo/adrian.php">Adrian Campos</a></strong>, Mechanical Engineering</p> </blockquote>
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “I chose Angelo State because of the exciting opportunities the mechanical engineering program would offer.”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong><a href="/iamangelo/adrian.php">Adrian Campos</a></strong>, Mechanical Engineering</p> </blockquote>
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “Here at ASU, the connections you can make with your professors and fellow students are unmatched.”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong><a href="/iamangelo/adrian.php">Adrian Campos</a></strong>, Mechanical Engineering</p> </blockquote>
Around the Department
Engineers use science and math to solve problems, figure out how things work, and find practical uses for new scientific discoveries. Your ASU degree is your ticket to join the thriving engineering industry, where you will design and build machines, structures, bridges, tunnels, roads, vehicles and buildings. And, there are thousands of high-paying jobs waiting for you once you graduate.
Take a look at some other aspects of our department that make ASU an outstanding place to study engineering.
Hunter Strain Labs
Gain the hands-on experience you need in our state-of-the-art engineering labs. Our $4.5 million lab facility houses the Hydraulics Lab, Geotechnical Lab, Construction Materials Lab, Engineering Mechanics Lab and Student Team Projects Lab.
Ram Ready Engineering Program
Get a head start on your four-year engineering degree. Our partnership allows you to take intro-level engineering classes while still at your junior college. Once you’ve completed your associate degree, you can take advantage of a seamless transition to Angelo State to finish your bachelor’s degree.
You can join our RAMgineers student organization for professional development opportunities and to compete against schools from across the country in various engineering contests. RAMgineers lead the way!
Industry Advisory Council
Our Industry Advisory Council includes the leaders of many local engineering firms. This strong tie to the professional engineering community provides our students with regular class visits to engineering projects where you will get a first-hand look at professional engineers at work. Many of our students also earn paid internships with these firms.
Engineering Visions and Mission Statements
David L. Hirschfeld Department of Engineering
Map: Vincent Building
ASU Station #11056, San Angelo, TX 76909-1056