Master of Public Health Career Opportunities
When you graduate with a Master of Public Health from Angelo State, you can expect to possess a variety of skills necessary to succeed. You will also be prepared to explore job opportunities in multiple areas.
Graduates will be able to:
- Identify and apply appropriate statistical methods to analyze a public health problem
- Analyze patterns of disease and injury using epidemiologic methods
- Understand the relationship between environmental factors and community health
- Demonstrate the ability to apply principles of leadership, policy development, and program management in the planning, implementation and evaluation of health programs.
- Address behavioral, social and cultural factors that impact individual and population health and health disparities.
- Assess the elements to improve health outcomes and systems through planning, implementation, and evaluation of health programs for individuals and populations.
- Analyze essential services that public health programs provide to protect and improve the health of populations.
- Apply research tools and analytical methods to critically analyze, monitor and assess the health status of populations, utilizing qualitative and quantitative research methodology.
- Determine the impact of policies and legislation on individual and population health; while navigating the legal, regulatory and organizational impact they have on the health care system.
- Construct public health, cross-cultural community-based programs, using behavioral science and health promotion methods.
- Create communication approaches for lay and interprofessional audiences using epidemiologic methods to analyze patterns of disease and injury.
- Justify the relationship between environmental factors and community health; and plan solutions for environmental health problems.
- Assemble a network of professional alliances to address social determinants of health and health disparities.
- Community health worker
- Program manager
- Health promotion/health education specialist
- Environmental scientist
- Survey researcher
- Medical records technician
- Medical and health services manager
- Health educator