Here, you will learn from talented professors with real-world experience as you develop the knowledge and skills you need to succeed as a registered nurse (RN), move on to graduate school or become an advanced-practice nurse.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) Generic Option
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) Second Degree Option
- In Person
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) - Nurse Educator
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing and the postgraduate A.P.R.N. certificate program at Angelo State University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
In addition, all nursing programs have full approval status by the Texas Board of Nursing.
Texas Board of Nursing
1801 Congress Avenue, Ste. 10-200
Austin, TX 78701
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “My favorite class was Anatomy my freshman year. This was my first glimpse into what my future would look like. That class created an experience that allowed me to discover my strengths and weakness and work on becoming a successful student.”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong>Alexis Samora</strong>, Class of 2022, Nursing</p> </blockquote>
Around the Department
Healthcare is one of the largest and most diverse career fields in the world. Your ASU degree is your ticket to join this exciting industry and work as a nurse in virtually any healthcare setting. And, there are plenty of high-paying jobs waiting for you once you graduate.
Take a look at some other aspects of our department that make ASU an outstanding place to study nursing.
Simulation and Skills Labs
Practice your clinical skills on life-like mannequins that can mimic human symptoms, and utilize the dynamic BodyViz software in our computer lab for even more interactive learning. You can gain additional hands-on experience by participating in our Campus Clinics.
You can join our Student Nurses Association and ASU Nursing Honor Society for professional development and networking opportunities, and to connect with your fellow students, professors and local healthcare professionals.
When you earn your B.S.N. degree, you will be prepared to take the NCLEX-RN exam to get your nursing license – and our students have a pass rate over 92%!
Department of Nursing
Map: Health and Human Services Building, 318
ASU Station #10902, San Angelo, TX 76909