Master of Social Work (M.S.W.)
The Master’s Degree in Social Work (M.S.W.) at Angelo State University prepares students for advanced social work practice.
Our master’s degree program is built on an advanced generalist practice perspective, and is consistent with expected social work job growth in the next few years.
- Our M.S.W. degree program is offered On-Campus and Online.
- 33 Semester credit hour degree program for the Advanced-Standing Track
- 63 Semester credit hour degree program for the Traditional Track
- All tracks are designed to be completed between 1 and 2 years at full-time enrollment.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA
- No GRE, reference letters, or professional narrative required.
In 2019, CSWE granted Angelo State University’s Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) program Initial Candidacy status. Students enrolled in the M.S.W. program are eligible to sit for the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners’ licensing exam upon graduation. Full accreditation of the M.S.W. program is slated for June 2022.
The applications for the 2021-22 academic year is now open!
All prospective M.S.W. students must follow the admission requirements below in addition to the admission requirements based on their track selected. *Acceptance is determined by the amount of available space.
M.S.W. Field Education
For more Information
Contact our M.S.W. Program Director
or the Social Work Program Office Coordinator