Here, you will gain the real-world knowledge and skills you need to succeed in your chosen career field, or advance to graduate school.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Music
- Bachelor of Music (B.M.) with All-Level Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Music (B.M.) with Specialization in Applied Performance
- In Person
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Studio Art
- In Person
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Theatre
- B.A. in Theatre with Teacher Certification
- In Person
Art students learn to expand their creativity and produce works for public display.
Music students enjoy a rich academic environment and plenty of opportunities to perform in instrumental ensembles and choirs.
Theatre students explore all aspects of dramatic entertainment, including performance, design and business operations.
Visual and Performing Arts Events
New Mariachi Program a Resounding Success
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “I chose Angelo State because of the environment, people, relationships and connections that I have made.”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong><a href="/iamangelo/coulter.php">Coulter McWilliams</a></strong>, Music Education</p> </blockquote>
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “It’s great coming to college, especially ASU, where you have a whole building dedicated to the fine arts. You are around the same people who are striving for the same thing you are.”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong><a href="/iamangelo/coulter.php">Coulter McWilliams</a></strong>, Music Education</p> </blockquote>
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “I want others to know that you don’t even have to know Spanish or even be of Mexican descent to enjoy mariachi. You can feel the meaning of the music. The music feels you.”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong>Analeah Zamarron</strong>, Class of 2026, Violin</p> </blockquote>
Around the Department
If you are planning a career in art, music, theatre or teaching, you have come to the right place. Your ASU degree is your ticket to join the exciting and dynamic world of professionals who entertain us, amuse us, bring us to tears, and inspire us with their creativity and vision.
Take a look at some other aspects of our department that make ASU an outstanding place to study visual and performing arts.
Exhibit and Perform
Display your art in our Gallery 193 and other venues on campus, as well as several local art studios. Join one or more of our choirs, instrumental ensembles, Ram Band and/or full symphony orchestra. Perform, design or crew for the six drama productions we present every year.
We have dedicated studios for art, graphic design, sculpture and ceramics, as well as music studios for instruments and vocals. Theatre students have their own design workshops, and they present plays in our Modular Theatre and the Elta Joyce Murphey Auditorium.
Join one or more of our art, music and theatre student organizations and honor societies for professional development, networking and social activities as you really get to know your fellow students and professors.