The faculty is dedicated to:
- the musical and intellectual growth of all ASU students.
- preparing students for careers in music education and performance, graduate studies in music, and other music endeavors.
- the cultural enhancement of Angelo State University, the city of San Angelo, and the greater west Texas region.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Music
- Bachelor of Music (B.M.) with All-Level Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Music (B.M.) with Specialization in Applied Performance
- In Person
Upcoming Music Events
Spring 2024 Auditions
Around the Music Department
Angelo State University is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music. NASM, founded in 1924, is an organization of schools, conservatories, colleges and universities with approximately 651 accredited institutional members. It establishes national standards for undergraduate and graduate degrees and other credentials for music and music-related disciplines, and provides assistance to institutions and individuals engaged in artistic, scholarly, educational, and other music-related endeavors.
Student Learning Outcomes for the BA and BM in Music
- Music Theory – Undergraduate music majors will analyze and evaluate musical form and structures.
- Music History – Undergraduate music majors will demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the history of Western music.
- Applied Performance – Undergraduate music majors will demonstrate correct technical, historical, and artistic performance practice on the major instrument.
- Music Education – Undergraduate music majors seeking teacher certification will demonstrate the knowledge and skills required of entry-level music educators.
Middle school and high school students are invited to attend Band-a-Palooza April 1, 2023.
Angelo State’s Summer Music Camp offers programs in band, orchestra, marching band drumline and marching band leadership.
Friends of Art and Music Education
Making a difference for the arts.