Educator Preparation Program (EPP)
- Admission to the Educator Preparation Program
- Field Experiences Application
- Student Teaching Application Information
Admission to the Educator Preparation Program (EPP)
Candidates apply for admission to the Educator Preparation Program (EPP) when they have completed 60 semester credit hours (SCH). Admission to the EPP is required for registration in upper-level education classes.
At the time of application to the Educator Preparation Program, all applicants must demonstrate that they have:
- Completed 60 SCH with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50
- Completed at least 12 SCH in their major/teaching field coursework with no grade lower than a C and a GPA greater than 2.50
- Completed course work to demonstrate proficiency across several subjects. Students must have earned a grade of C or better in these courses:
- Reading – History 1301, 1302 and Political Science 2301, 2302
- Writing – English 1301, 1302
- Mathematics – Mathematics 1302 or an equivalent course
- Communication – Communication 2301 or 2331
- Have met the requirements of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI). The TSI skill requirements are normally met at the time of admission to the university or through required coursework. For more information about the TSI, visit the Angelo State University TSI website.
- Demonstrate acceptable teacher behavior. Candidates will be evaluated on these behaviors through the assessment of teacher dispositions. At the point of admission to the Educator Preparation Program, students are required to review and accept the unit’s dispositions.
To apply for the Educator Preparation Program:
- Log in to RamPort.
- Choose the Student Services tab
- Select RAMS-Logon
- Go to Educator Preparation Program
- Select the Educator Preparation Program (EPP) Application
Field Experiences Application
All students desiring field experiences in the San Angelo Independent School District (SAISD) must coordinate the work through ASU. It is against SAISD policy for students to directly contact principals or administrators seeking placement. All applications (both online applications and completed paper forms for criminal background checks) for pre-student teaching field experience must be received no later than the deadline designated for the semester.
Students seeking placement in the SAISD must attend a meeting with campus administrators on the assigned campus. To learn more about deadlines and dates to remember, see the important dates page.
Student Teaching (and Block Only)
Students who want to student teach must attend one of the application meetings during the long semester prior to their student teaching semester. If a student is planning on student teaching in the fall, the student must attend the application meeting during the prior spring semester. If a student is planning on student teaching in the spring, the student must attend the application meeting in the prior fall semester.
Dates for the meetings are available on the important dates page. Attendance at one of these meetings is mandatory for student teaching candidates. Instructions on the application process will be discussed at the meetings.