Students planning to receive a degree from Angelo State University should file an Application for Graduation with the dean of the appropriate academic college during registration for their last semester, but in no event later than the designated date in the university calendar. For August graduation, students must apply during the first summer term. No degree will be conferred until a degree plan has been approved and the Application for Graduation has been filed.
Correct Mailing Address—The application requests three addresses:
- The current local address, which will be used for correspondence concerning graduation.
- The current permanent address, which will be used for correspondence after graduation.
- The third address line will be used for submitting a graduation announcement to your hometown newspaper.
- Name for Diploma—Your name will appear on your diploma exactly as it appears on your Application for Graduation. PLEASE CHECK YOUR NAME FOR CORRECTNESS. If your name is incorrect, contact the deans’ office in the appropriate college. If your name is missing accent marks, tildes, etc., please contact the Registrar’s Office immediately.
- Directory Restrictions—If you have requested a directory restriction on your student records, please be aware that we will not be able to list your name in the graduation program, nor will we be able to notify your hometown newspaper, or be allowed to release your address to the photographer to send proofs of your graduation picture. Should you choose to lift this restriction for graduation, please contact the Registrar’s Office immediately.
Graduation Under a Particular Catalog:
The university reserves the right to modify the curricula or withdraw any courses when it appears wise to do so. The policies and procedures in the catalog are currently in effect; however, the university reserves the right to make changes or modification for a good cause.
To receive a degree from Angelo State University, a student must fulfill all requirements for the degree as set forth in a particular university catalog as amended. Several choices are allowed: (1) Graduation may be under the requirements of the current catalog; (2) Graduation may be under the catalog of the year in force when the student first registered at Angelo State University or when the student registered at an accredited Texas community college prior to transferring to Angelo State University; (3) Graduation may be under the requirements of the catalog for any subsequent year in which the student was registered at Angelo State University or when the student registered at an accredited Texas community college prior to transferring to Angelo State University. Each of these provisions is subject to the limitation that all requirements for a degree from Angelo State University must be completed within six years from the date of the catalog selected. For example, a student who chooses to graduate under the requirements of the 2003–05 catalog must complete all requirements for the degree under that catalog prior to August 2009. Otherwise, a later catalog must be selected. However, when a student is enrolled at Angelo State University during the second academic year included in a two year catalog, the six-year limit extends from the beginning of the second academic year of the catalog.
Students may be able to graduate under a specific catalog and degree plan, but may not be able to meet teacher certification requirements that have been mandated by the State Board for Educator Certification. Students should consult with department heads and the College of Education to determine the latest certification requirements.
Please visit the Angelo State University Commencement page for more information, here: http://www.angelo.edu/commencement/