Honors Program Information for Prospective Students
Honors Program Application
For priority consideration, submit the following materials by February 1, 2019. Application review will begin on February 15, 2019. Application review will continue until all allocated spaces are filled.
- Application Form
- Two academic Reference Forms
- Only references submitted from the above link will be considered.
- Students are responsible for sending the link to their references.
- References must be completed before the application will be reviewed.
- Official copies of your most recent transcripts from high school and, if applicable, college. Submit them to:
Angelo State University
Office of Admissions
ASU Station #11014
San Angelo, TX 76909-1014
Note: Students must complete the ASU admissions application process to be eligible for the Honors Program.
Mail correspondence for the Honors Program to:
Angelo State University
ASU Station #10913
San Angelo, TX 76909-0913
To gain admission to Angelo State University, students must complete the university application process with the Office of Admissions. More information is available on the Admissions website. Please note that you may apply to the Honors Program while seeking admission to the university.
Students must apply separately for on-campus housing. Housing applications from new students may be submitted starting in September for the following academic year. Please visit the Housing and Residential Programs Website for this and other important housing-related information. New students are encouraged to apply as soon as applications are available.
A block of rooms in Texan Hall is reserved for Honors Program students, and assignment to the honors area is guaranteed until July 15 for students who are accepted into the Honors Program. After July 15, any remaining spaces may be made available to students who are not formally in the Honors Program but who meet academic criteria for Honors Program housing. Students must be officially accepted to ASU before a housing assignment can be made.
Entering Freshman Requirements
Honors Program Suggested Criteria
- Score of 1260 or higher on SAT (ERW and math only), or 27 composite or higher on ACT
- Competitive high school class ranking
- Demonstration of extracurricular involvement in school and/or community activities
Request More Info
Request More Information
About the ASU Honors Program