FLSA Overtime Rule Changes
- View the Web Time Entry - Employee Guide
- View the Web Time Entry - Approver Guide
- View the 2017 payroll calendar
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hourly Employee Travel Time Pay Guidelines
What the Rule Change Means
- The salary threshold to be considered an Exempt (salaried) employee, and therefore exempt from overtime regulations under FLSA, is increasing from $23,660 annually to $47,476 annually.
- Businesses must be compliant with this new salary threshold on or before Dec. 1, 2016.
- Regardless of the salary amount, a work type and responsibilities test will be applied to determine exemption status.
- Certain stipulations apply to positions in institutions of higher education that will be reviewed.