Why Choose ASU?
Let Angelo State University open a door to the world for you. Take a look at just a few of the reasons ASU can be advantageous to your future.
ASU’s outstanding academic programs helped the university achieve its ranking as one of the “Best 379 Colleges” in the U.S. by The Princeton Review for 2015. Here are just a few benefits to choosing ASU for your education:
- We offer more than 100 majors and concentrations for undergraduates, 20 degree programs for graduate students and one doctoral degree in physical therapy.
- Most classes average just 20 students.
- Nearly all of your courses will be taught by experts in their field who hold doctoral degrees.
- Students have the opportunity to work one-on-one with a faculty member on a research project of your choosing.
ASU works to maintain a safe, friendly campus. We have 24-hour campus police patrols and 16 emergency call boxes, each with a direct line to the police. The call boxes are strategically located across campus. Additionally, you’ll find well-lit walkways and paths to help ensure your safety. Our residence halls feature card/PIN access.
When you enroll at ASU, you can expect modern buildings and resources for living, learning and recreational activities.
- Our residence halls have been specifically designed to meet the needs of today’s students and offer hundreds of programs and events to help you get involved on campus.
- The Library Learning Commons challenges your ideas of a traditional library. It offers a 24-hour computer lab, comfortable seating and work spaces for individual or collaborative learning, and a coffee bar.
- Our new $7 million student recreation center offers a weight room, rock climbing wall, indoor jogging track, dance studios, racquetball courts, indoor pool and multipurpose gymnasium to keep you active.
With more than 100 student clubs and organizations, you’ll have plenty to keep you busy when you arrive in San Angelo. The Center for International Studies can also serve as a home base for you with its International Students Association.