The faculty and staff of the Department of Kinesiology endeavor to uphold a body of core values though our actions and interactions with students, parents and other members of the ASU community. These values are:
- People. We value people and the dignity inherent to human existence. All people and their cultures, backgrounds, talents and points-of-view are to be valued, respected and celebrated.
- Character and Professionalism. We value respectfulness, honesty, integrity, humility, dependability, competence and other attributes and manifestations of strength of character and professional ethics.
- Academic Excellence. We value scholarship, scientific inquiry and liberal learning within and beyond the academic discipline of kinesiology.
- Effective Communication. We value shared information and its availability, timeliness, accuracy and tone, as well as its ability to aid in decision making, problem solving and community building.
- Physically Active Lifestyles. We value physical activity and its significant contribution to health and wellness throughout an individual’s lifespan.
As a graduate of the ASU Department of Kinesiology, you are able to:
- Model the core values of the ASU Department of Kinesiology.
- Demonstrate relevant and marketable knowledge, skills and dispositions.
- Successfully enter the workforce and make immediate contributions.
- Provide leadership to a dynamic workplace and society.