When you graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Angelo State, you can expect to possess a variety of skills necessary to succeed. You will also be prepared to explore job opportunities in multiple areas.
- B.S.N. graduates are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN Licensure Examination and obtain a license to practice as a registered nurse in a wide variety of professional positions.
- Graduates will demonstrate critical thinking, sound judgment, innovation and problem-solving in a variety of health care settings.
- Graduates will possess leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with interdisciplinary team members to continuously improve systems, enhance quality and promote safety.
- Graduates will have the ability to apply data and informatics technology to organize and deliver optimal care based on science and professional standards.
- Graduates will have the ability to advocate effectively in delivering patient-centered, culturally appropriate care.
- Graduates will have the ability to incorporate understanding of health disparities and social determinants into professional and public policy actions.
- Graduates will be prepared to practice nursing according to ethical and professional standards.
- Hospitals and medical centers
- Industrial health facilities
- Serving as officers in the military
- Community acute care
- Fast-track community clinics and free-standing emergency centers
- Physician’s offices
- K-12 schools, colleges and universities
- Local, state and national government agencies
- Long-term care facilities/nursing homes
- Home health care
- Health and wellness centers