Applied Psychology Graduate Program Admission Requirements
Students are welcome to apply for admission regardless of their undergraduate major. Those who have fewer than 18 credit hours of undergraduate psychology are required to complete a graduate leveling course that provides training in the foundational areas of psychology.
Students who have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher meet our GPA standards for admission. Students with a GPA below 3.0 may qualify for admission on the basis of the formula described below.
- All college and university transcripts
- GRE (if your based on GPA is below 3.0)
- [GPA times 100] + Quantitative + Verbal + Converted Analytical ≥ 730.
GRE Analytical Writing Conversion Scale
The GRE Analytical Writing sub test is scored on a scale of 1-6. This score is converted to the metric of the other sub tests as follows:
1.0-2.0 = 130
2.5 = 135
3.0 = 140
3.5 = 145
4.0 = 150
4.5 = 155
5.0 = 160
5.5 = 165
6.0 = 170
- Hold a bachelor’s degree. Students who have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher automatically qualify for admission, if space in the program allows.
- Students who have fewer than 18 credit hours of undergraduate psychology are required to complete a graduate leveling course that provides training in the foundational areas of psychology.
Spring: December 1
Fall: July 15
International Student Spring: November 1
International Student Fall: June 10
Other Application Deadlines:
Applications for the Applied Psychology program will be reviewed beginning on March 1 for fall admissions and October 1 for spring admissions. Applications received by these dates will receive priority and will be processed before registration so new students can register on time for a better selection of classes. After the priority deadlines, applications will be reviewed when they are received and students will be admitted based on space available in the program.
Priority Admission Review:
- March 1 for Fall admissions
- October 1 for Spring admissions