Meal Plan Options
All students living in university housing are required to purchase a meal plan. New residential students must purchase a Gold Plan. Returning residential students have the option to purchase either a Gold or Blue plan. Meal plans are optional for students assigned to Vanderventer Apartments and for all summer housing residents.
ASU Meal Plans offer value for your dollar and students have access to a wide variety of food choices. On a price-per-meal basis, you won’t find a comparable nutritional alternative.
Summer Meal Plan
The summer meal plan is optional for summer students.
- Summer Meal Plan: Summer Plans are $600/term and include 3 meals per day Monday-Friday and 2 meals each on Saturday/Sunday. Meals are limited to just one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner each day. Service will be primarily based out of Crossroads Cafe in the UC, which includes the Ranch, Subway, Chick-fil-A, and crEATe during the official class days. Starbucks will also be open for cash purchases. Students who purchased a Blue meal plan in the Spring may also continue to use any unused meals during the summer.
- Selecting your plan: You may elect the meal plan when you apply for summer housing, or you may request that the plan be added at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that meal plans are non-refundable after the start of the summer term due to upfront costs incurred in ordering/supplying food service.
Gold Meal Plans
One of the gold meal plans is required during the academic year for all new residential students.
- Gold Unlimited: The Gold Unlimited Meal Plan is an “Open Access Meal Plan” and works exactly as it sounds, unlimited access to the Food Service Center (The Caf). The meal plan holder may enter the Caf as many times as they wish during open schedule hours, and meal exchanges are accepted at other locations twice per day.* This Plan includes $100 in Ram Points.
Gold 240: This plan gives you the flexibility to use 240 meals per semester, with a maximum of 3 meals per day. Meals are intended to be used at the Caf, and meal exchanges are accepted at other locations twice per day.* This Plan includes $100 in Ram Points.
*To add greater flexibility to the Gold Meal Plans, two meals can be used as meal plan exchanges Monday-Saturday at Crossroads Cafe, Roscoe’s Den, Einstein Bros. Bagels, On The Go, and Common Grounds (instead of the Caf), from 7 am - 8 pm.
Unused Ram Points and meals for Gold Plans will not “roll” to the next semester. All meals/points must be used by the end of the semester during which the plan was purchased, at which time they will expire.
These meal plans are available to non-residential students, renewal residential students, faculty, and staff members.
These meal plans are nonrefundable.
Blue 80: This plan gives you the flexibility to use 80 meals any time during the Academic Year at any location. Includes $25 in Ram Points.
- Blue 120: This plan gives you the flexibility to use 120 meals any time during the Academic Year at any location. Includes $50 in Ram Points.
All Blue Plans are nonrefundable. Unused meals will “roll” to the next semester. All meals must be used by the end of the Academic Year during which the plan was purchased, at which time unused meals will expire. Meal plans purchased for the 2018-2019 Academic Year will expire on August 15, 2019.
*Note: Residential Students (excluding Vanderventer residents) who purchased a Blue Meal Plan for the Fall Semester will be required to purchase an additional meal plan for the Spring Semester. You will automatically be assigned the same meal plan you selected for the Fall Semester. If you did not use all the meals for the Fall Semester, they will be added to the total count of meals for the Spring Semester.
Each Meal Plan includes RamPoints
RamPoints are a feature included in the cost of the Meal Plans that allows you to make direct food purchases at all dining locations. To make a purchase using your RamPoints, simply present your ASU OneCard to the attendant and say you would like to use your RamPoints. The attendant will swipe your card and the amount of the purchase will be deducted from your account.
All Gold Plans come with $100 in RamPoints each semester.
Blue Plans also include RamPoints in the following amounts: Bella 80 w/ $25 Ram Points & Roscoe 120 w/ $50 Ram Points.
RamPoints vs. Ram Bucks RamPoints Ram Bucks
Are part of the meal plans. Only people who purchase a meal plan have RamPoints.
All currently enrolled students have an active Ram Bucks account. To use the account, they need to add value (make a deposit). They can add value in the OneCard Office in the Administration Building using cash, check, money order, MC or VISA. They can also add value using cash at the CSVT machines.
Food purchases at:
- All dining locations
For these types of purchases:
- Food at all campus locations
- Beverages in selected vending machines
- Printing in the MCS computer lab after the print allotment is exceeded
- Items at the ASU Bookstore
- Fines in the Porter Henderson Library
- Medication, etc., at the University Health Clinic
Unused RamPoints do not roll over to the next semester.
Unused Ram Bucks carry forward from semester to semester as long as the student is enrolled.
RamPoints that have not been used when a student leaves the university are not refunded.
Balances of $25 or more are refunded when the student is no longer enrolled at ASU. Balances of less than $25 will be forfeited.
The meal specifications at ASU are designed with balanced nutrition in mind, but it is the students’ responsibility to choose items that create a healthy diet according to their individual needs.
Meal Plan Costs
Gold Unlimited w/ $100 Ram Points = $1,675.00 per semester/$3,350.00 for academic year.
Gold 240 w/ $100 Ram Points = $1,575.00 per semester/$3,150.00 for academic year.
Blue 80 w/ $25.00 Ram Points = $575.00 per semester.
Blue 120 w/ $50.00 Ram Points = $825.00 per semester.
Summer Meal Plan
Summer Meal Plan = $600.00 per summer semester.
Chartwells - ASU’s Food Service Provider
Your dining service is managed by Chartwells, a division of Compass Group North American Inc., a nationwide food service firm that works with college administrations and students to provide a variety of nutritious menu options combined with personalized service for a pleasant dining experience.
For more information please visit the Chartwells ASU Dining Services website.
Summer Dining Hours
Summer Dining Locations & Hours
Monday - Friday
- Chick-Fil-A: 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- The Ranch: 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Starbucks: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Create: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. / 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. (Home Cooked Options)
- Subway: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
- Chef’s Table in UC: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Subway: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Chef’s Table in UC: 5 - 7 p.m.
- Subway: 5 - 7 p.m.
Request A Meal Plan