Residential Programs Student Employment
Resident Assistants (RAs) are an integral part of Housing & Residential Programs. They are the staff members who have the most direct and constant contact with students. Their primary responsibilities are to help facilitate a sense of community in the residence halls and to enhance the social, educational, spiritual, intellectual, physical, cultural and environmental development of each resident.
RAs articulate for students the philosophy and policies of Housing & Residential Programs and the university. They represent Housing & Residential Programs and act as role models for students. The six basic roles of an RA are:
- Community facilitator
- Referral agent
- Team member
- Educator/events planner
- University representative
Students applying must meet these criteria:
- Full time student, available entire academic year
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Completed application & three references on file
- Minimum of two semesters living on campus or comparable group living experience preferred. Need not be a current resident.
- Be free of disciplinary probation
- Personal attributes of maturity, honesty, openness, self-reliance, motivation, creativity and enthusiasm
- Sincere interest in working with college students
- Appreciation of & interest in different viewpoints, cultures & life styles
- As a security sensitive position a required criminal background check will be conducted prior to employment
- RAs are not allowed to be employed in any position outside of Housing & Residential Programs (on or off campus) at the same time they are working as an RA. This is due to the availability requirements inherent with the RA job.
- RAs are required to begin training three weeks prior to the residence halls opening in the fall. Attendance at training is MANDATORY for all RAs.
- RAs are required to stay 2 - 5 days after the residence halls close at the end of the semester and academic year to complete required administrative responsibilities.
- RAs are required to attend regularly scheduled in-service training sessions. The in-service training schedule will be provided during Fall Training.
- Monthly stipend: $700
- RAs enjoy the advantage of a private room at the special RA room rate of $1,250 per semester ($2,500 per year), regardless of which residence hall they are assigned. RA room charges are billed at 50 percent for fall and 50 percent for spring. RAs are subject to existing meal plan requirements.
- Invaluable leadership skills & life long friendships
- Opportunities for advancement
Resident Assistant Application
Resident Assistant Reference Form
Ram Family Connection Student Assistant
Ram Family Connection (RFC) is the parent and family association for Angelo State University. This association strives to create an atmosphere of inclusion, support, and assistance for the families of ASU students. RFC hosts events like Rambunctious Week Move-In, farewell family dinner photo booth, Family Weekends, family-friendly tailgates at Ram Jams, New Student Orientations (NSO) and Summer Send-Offs (SSO) in the hometowns of students, and other recruitment events.
We utilize social media, software, and other forms of communication to share what is happening around campus, important deadlines, and other information with our families and parents. Anyone working with Ram Family Connection must be willing to interact with parents, family members, and their students. Our focus is on the family! We want parents and families to understand what it means to be part of the #RamFam.
STUDENT APPLYING MUST MEET THESE CRITERIA:
- Full-time student, available entire academic year
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (regular grade checks will be completed)
- Live on campus with a student room discount offered
- Be free of disciplinary probation
- Sincere interest in working with college students, parents, and families
- Appreciation of and interest in different viewpoints, cultures & lifestyles
Seeking organized, creative and self-motivated individual to help with events and monthly newsletters. Position requires an individual with attention to detail, strong communication skills, and computer skills. Individual must be proficient in all Microsoft programs; have the ability to multi-task and work independently or within a group, and to complete tasks with little supervision and manage time effectively. Ability to speak or write in Spanish is requested but not required. The individual should display professionalism in all work duties and possess excellent customer service skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: design and modify marketing pieces for print and electronic media; write articles for monthly newsletter; interview individuals as needed for monthly newsletter; manage social media pages; assist with web page using LiveWhale; help with event promotions and planning; assist with executing event; take pictures at events/programs; assist with greeting of students, faculty, staff, families and community customers by phone or in person.
Flexible around class schedule, expected to work 15-20 hours per week. May require some evening and weekend duties for events. Summer a must with some travel.
Pay rate: $8.75 plus live on campus with a student room discount offered.
RFC Student Assistant Application
Please click the link below to complete the Application.