Applications open April 1st, 2019. Summer housing will be located in Centennial Village.
To apply for summer housing visit MyHousing and select the applicable Summer Housing Application. There will be three different summer applications.
- Summer I Only (Select this if you will only be attending the first summer session)
- Summer II Only (Select this if you will only be attending the second summer session)
- Summer I Continuing to Summer II - First & Second Sessions (Select this if you will be attending both summer sessions)
Upon completion of the application and payment of the $50 application fee, you will be eligible to request a roommate (also in MyHousing). This roommate selection process will occur April 1st through April 15th. Assignments will be made by April 19th.
*If you are a current Centennial Village resident and would like to stay in your current room for the Summer Sessions (if that space is eligible), you MUST apply by April 15th or there is no guarantee you will get your same room for the Summer.
Note: A limited number of waivers will be available and consideration will be based on a first-come first-served basis of eligible applicants.
Summer Housing 2019
Free Summer Housing Eligibility
To be eligible for Free Summer Housing, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Enroll and complete 6 hours per summer term;
- Or enroll in a 4 hour credit class (science class with lab) per summer term.
- Must earn a 2.0 each summer term of enrollment.
*Students who do not meet these requirements and have a special circumstance will be considered on a case by case basis. Such request will require a recommendation from the Academic Program Chair or the Academic Dean (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) and the approval of the Director of Housing and Residential Programs.
- A Summer Application Fee of $50.00 is required at the time you submit the summer application.
- Students’ waiver eligibility are reviewed before, during, and at the end of each term. Those who meet all the qualifications, will continue to be eligible for the summer waiver.
- Students dropping below the 6 semester requirement after that 4th class date will not be eligible for free housing during the second summer term.
Students applying for the Summer Room Waiver who are on Academic Probation and/or Academic Suspension will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Department of Housing and Residential Programs.
I’m Not Going to Summer School…Can I Stay?
Students who are not enrolled in summer classes but have a Fall 2019 room assignment may purchase a room in Centennial Village.
Summer Housing Room Rate
$650.00 per Summer Session
Why do I currently have a bill for summer housing?
Free Summer Housing Students:
Everyone participating in the free summer housing program will see a $650.00 charge added to their bill. For students participating in the free summer housing program, this $650.00 charge is temporary. Housing & Residential Programs will conduct an audit once summer classes begin to verify enrollment in the required number of hours. Once we verify that you qualify for free summer housing, the $650.00 will be removed from your bill.
Since charges are currently on your bill, you have two options: you may pay your entire bill, and then you would receive a refund for the housing charges once the fee waiver posts; or, you may choose to pay all of your charges except the room charge.
*Housing will send information on qualifying students to the Student Accounts office on the 4th class day of each Summer Session. Please allow 5-10 business days for Student Accounts to process the information and apply it to your student account.
Paying Summer Housing Students:
The $650.00 charge will remain on your bill until full payment is received.
When can I check-in to my summer room?
The dates listed below are for individuals who did not live in on-campus housing during the Spring 2019 Semester. If you lived on-campus during the spring, look for an email & phone call notifying you that your summer assignment is ready.
Check-In: Friday, May 31, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
Check-Out: Thursday, July 4, 2019 by Noon
*Students who will not be living on-campus for Summer II Session, must be checked out by July 4th at Noon. (In order to get our spaces ready for incoming Summer II residents, we will not be able to allow late check-outs.)
Check-In: Friday, July 5, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
Check-Out: Thursday, August 8, 2019 by Noon
*Students who will not be living on-campus for Fall 2019, must be checked out by August 8th at Noon. Please make sure you have made alternative housing arrangements if your off-campus housing will not be ready by this date. (In order to get our spaces ready for incoming Fall residents, we will not be able to allow late check-outs.)
If you will be living on-campus for Fall 2019, you will move directly to your Fall assignment at the end of Summer II. *You cannot leave campus until you have completed your move to your Fall assignment or completely checked out of your Summer II room.
Summer Meal Plan
Summer Meal Plan
The summer meal plan is optional for summer students.
- Summer Meal Plan: Summer Plans are $600/term and include 3 meals per day Monday-Friday and 2 meals each on Saturday/Sunday. Meals are limited to just one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner each day. Service will be primarily based out of Crossroads Cafe in the UC, which includes the Ranch, Subway, Chick-fil-A, and crEATe during the official class days. Starbucks will also be open for cash purchases. Students who purchased a Blue meal plan in the Spring may also continue to use any unused meals during the summer.
- Selecting your plan: You may elect the meal plan when you apply for summer housing, or you may request that the plan be added at any time by emailing email@example.com. Please note that meal plans are non-refundable after the start of the summer term due to upfront costs incurred in ordering/supplying food service.