Summer Housing 2018
Applications open April 1st, 2018. Summer housing will be located in Centennial Village.
To apply for summer housing visit MyHousing and select the applicable Summer Housing Application. There will be three different summer applications.
- Summer I Only (Select this if you will only be attending the first summer session)
- Summer II Only (Select this if you will only be attending the second summer session)
- Summer I Continuing to Summer II - First Second Sessions (Select this if you will be attending both summer sessions)
Upon completion of the application and payment of the $50 application fee, you will be eligible to request a roommate (also in MyHousing). This roommate selection process will occur April 1st through April 17th. Assignments will be made by April 23.
Note: A limited number of waivers will be available and consideration will be based on a first-come first-served basis of eligible applicants.
Summer Housing 2018
Free Summer Housing Eligibility
To be eligible for Free Summer Housing, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Enroll and complete 6 hours per summer term;
- Or enroll in a 4 credit class (science class with lab) per summer term.
- Must earn a 2.0 each summer term of enrollment.
*Students with a special circumstance will be considered on a case by case basis. Such request will require a recommendation from the Academic Program Chair or the Academic Dean and the approval of the Director of Housing and Residential Programs.
- A Summer Application Fee of $50.00 is required at the time you submit the summer application.
- The waiver will be reviewed at the end of each term. Those receiving the waiver, will have their housing charges removed on the 4th class day.
- Students dropping below the 6 semester requirement after that 4th class date will not be eligible for free housing during the second summer term.
Students applying for the Summer Room Waiver who are on Academic Probation and/or Academic Suspension will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Department of Housing and Residential Programs.
I’m Not Going to Summer School…Can I Stay?
Students who are not enrolled in summer classes but enrolled in Fall 2018 classes may purchase a room in Centennial Village.
Why do I currently have a bill for summer housing?
Free Summer Housing Students:
Everyone participating in the free summer housing program will see a $650.00 charge added to their bill. For students participating in the free summer housing program, this $650.00 charge is temporary. Housing & Residential Programs will conduct an audit once summer classes begin to verify enrollment in the required number of hours. Once we verify that you qualify for free summer housing, the $650.00 will be removed from your bill.
Since charges are currently on your bill, you have two options: you may pay your entire bill, and then you would receive a refund for the housing charges once the fee waives post; or, you may choose to pay your charges but exclude the room charge.
Paying Summer Housing Students:
If you indicated that you will not participate in the free summer housing program on your summer housing application, the $650.00 charge will remain on your bill until full payment is received.
When can I check-in to my summer room?
Check-In: June 1st, 2018
Check-Out: July 5th, 2018 by 12 pm
Check-In: July 6th, 2018
Check Out: August 9th, 2018 by 12 pm
The dates listed above are for students that did not live on campus during the Spring 2018 semester. If you lived on campus during the spring, look for an email & phone call notifying you that your summer assignment is ready.