Annual JROTC Drill Meet Hosted by Det. 847
The 2020 Drill Meet has been cancelled out of the safety and concern of the Angelo State community and visitors to campus.
ASU’s AFROTC Detachment 847 will host its annual Drill Meet on March 21, 2020. We will waive all registration fees. We will stop taking applications on 3 February and limiting attendance to 325 students.
The activities will include:
- Compete against JROTC units from around the state.
- Visit ASU and Air Force ROTC detachment facilities.
- Interact with college cadets, and instructors.
- Earn individual or unit awards.
Free of charge at Angelo State University CAF.
AFROTC is currently working with the San Angelo Chamber of Commerce and Angelo State University to establish discounted lodging costs.
In addition to the academic fairs, schools will compete in the following categories:
- Armed and Unarmed Regulation/Inspection
- Armed and Unarmed Exhibition
- Male and Female/Mixed Color Guard
- Saber Regulation
- Armed Tandem/Individual
- Warrior Challenge
- Knockout (Drill Down)