International Graduate Students
Students Taking Courses On-Campus
International students who plan on taking classes on campus must follow the international graduate admission requirements. Students receiving at F-1 visa to come to the United States to take courses, must be a full-time student taking no more than one course online.
Distance Learning Only Students
Students taking their classes solely online are not eligible to apply for a student visa. International students who are taking classes 100 percent online would still need to apply for admissions as an international student, but are not required to submit additional information forms.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 2.75 or better, including all grades on repeated courses – OR – hold a bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- A score of 550 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), a score of 79 on the iBT TOEFL or a minimum score of 6.5 on the Academic Module of the IELTS.
- An essay of no more than 750 words discussing an important issue of national or homeland security
- The GRE test is not required for admittance to the programs
How to Apply
- Fill out a Graduate Application.
- Submit your $50 application fee to the Graduate Studies office by filling out the payment form.
- Submit an essay of no more than 750 words. The essay can be submitted within the Graduate Admission Application, through email to email@example.com, or by fax to 325-943-2194.
- Border Security Essay Topic: An issue the applicant believes is important in the field of homeland security. References may be cited in footnote format.
- Security Studies Essay Topic: An issue the applicant believes is important in the field of national security. References may be cited in footnote format.
- Mail official transcripts from all colleges attended within the United States to the College of Graduate Studies and Research. Transcripts should be mailed to:
College of Graduate Studies and Research
ASU Station #11025
San Angelo, TX 76909-1025
- All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an official foreign transcript evaluator. The preferred service is Foreign Credential Services of America, but any company in the United States is acceptable. Evaluations must be completed in English and include semester credit hours and letter grades. The approximate cost is U.S. $175 for a full evaluation. It is the student’s choice to submit, at the time of application, foreign college and/or university transcripts for admission purposes and transfer credit determination at ASU. However, once transfer credit is evaluated by ASU personnel, the student no longer has the option to eliminate these credits from their record. All transcripts become the property of Angelo State University once submitted and cannot be returned to the applicant.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS Scores to the College of Graduate Studies and Research. All international students must also fill out this English Proficiency Form.
- Graduate Application. Your admission decision letter will be emailed to you at the address entered in your admission application.