When you graduate with a Bachelor of Social Work degree from Angelo State, you can expect to possess a variety of skills necessary to succeed. You will also be prepared to explore job opportunities in multiple areas.
- Graduates will possess comprehensive knowledge of interventions applicable to particular specialties.
- Graduates will possess effective active listening ability.
- Graduates will have the ability to set professional boundaries.
- Graduates will practice effective critical thinking skills.
- Graduates will possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Graduates will have the ability to facilitate cooperation among individuals, groups, families, communities and organizations.
- Case management in hospitals, clinics and social or human service agencies
- Child, adolescent and family social work
- Community development
- Corrections and criminal justice
- Gerontology and aging
- Medical social work and public health
- Mental health and substance abuse counseling
- Social and human service administration
- School social work