Pre-Social Work Major
Once you declare Social Work as your major, you will be entering the program as Pre-Social Work Major.
Pre-Social Work prepares you to transfer into the Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W.) program.
Our Social Work student handbook helps Pre-Social Work students and B.S.W. majors understand the rules and guidelines of the Social Work Program at Angelo State.
Admission Requirements to the B.S.W. Program
- A completed Degree Plan declaring Social Work as your major:
- A completed application for Admission to the B.S.W. degree program.
Transferring as a Pre-Social Work Major into the B.S.W. program will be seamless when you complete following admission requirements in course 2307, Introduction of Social Work:
- A “C” or better in SWK 2307 (Introduction of Social Work);
- A completed resume;
- 20 clock hours of volunteer experience;
- A personal narrative;
Remaining B.S.W. program requirements:
- At least 30 semester hours if completed college work;
- Completion of core education curriculum;
- A 2.00 GPA on college work taken at ASU;
- A 2.50 GPA on any previously taken social work courses;