Principles of Excellence
Angelo State University (ASU) will comply with the Principles of Excellence (Executive Order 13607) following guidance set forth by the Department of Veteran Affairs, the Department of Education, and the Department of Defense. ASU currently complies with the Principles of Excellence in the following ways:
- Each veteran student is provided with an educational plan during the advising process;
- Students are provided with consumer information through direct emails and the university website for future students (http://myfuture.angelo.edu ), as well as access to RamPort after they have been admitted;
- Students using the VA Educational Benefits are encourage to complete the FAFSA and explore Federal and state financial aid opportunities in addition to Veteran Educational Benefits before seeking loans;
- The Center for Student Involvement offers a student orientation for all incoming students. The VETS Center offers information during this program, on all sources of potential funding to include military and veteran benefits;
- Veterans Information Program and Strengths (VIPS) is offered during the first four weeks of the fall semester to support after enrolling;
- ASU adheres to all Title IV policies related to Federal financial aid and refunds;
- Service members and reservists can apply for re-admission to the University if they are temporarily unable to attend class or have to suspend their studies due to service requirements;
- In compliance with participation with federal programs, ASU will refrain from fraudulent and aggressive marketing practices and techniques. This policy applies to the recruitment of all students.
Angelo State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Any additions of or charges to academic programs offered at Angelo State University must adhere to the SACSCOC Policy on Substantive Change. Member institutions are require to notify the SACSCOC of changes in accordance with the substantive change policy and, when required, to seek approval prior to the initiation of changes. The SACSCOC Policy on Substantive change.
You may also contact the Office of Veterans Educational and Transitional Services (VETS) for further clarification.