Become a Tutor
Tutors offer one-on-one conferences about writing and reading. As a tutor, your job will not be to write for the students, but to help others become confident and resourceful writers like yourself. Your role will be of a writing coach and not of a writing sage or editor.
- Any major
- Completed 60 credit hours
- Application must include:
- Résumé including references
- 2 page description and reflection on the student’s writing process
- Submit your application to Kathryn Jones, Writing Center Director.
If you like working and helping others become better writers and you are interested in working at the Writing Center, review the information on our website and come by the Writing Center to speak with either the Interim Director or the Coordinator. An interview will be scheduled, and you will be contacted by a Writing Center representative soon after. You do not have to be an English major to be a tutor and students from all university disciplines are encouraged to become tutors.