Summer Dual Credit
Take college classes over the summer online through ASU! ASU offers a variety of courses during the summer I and summer II sessions.
All of the courses available for dual credit students during the summer are in the university’s core curriculum and are 100% online. See the available courses for Summer I and Summer II below.
- Be an incoming high school junior or senior
- Permission from a high school counselor or administrator
- At least a 3.0 high school GPA, or top 50% in your graduating class
- Reliable access to a computer and the Internet. Certain courses will require additional program software and use of a webcam.
- $50 per credit hour ($150 for a three-credit-hour course; $200 for a four-credit course)
- Textbooks may be required and are not included in the cost of the course (unless otherwise noted). Additional information regarding textbook requirements and associated cost will be updated on this page as available.
- Payment plans are not available for summer terms. Full payment must be made by the payment deadline.
- New students to ASU dual credit will need to complete an application for admission and have a parent sign the electronic parent agreement form. After filling out the application, the parent will receive an email with a link to the parent agreement form. If you have already been admitted to the ASU dual credit program, you do not need to reapply.
- Fill out the summer dual credit course request form by April 15th. You will need to wait at least two days after filling out the admission application to fill out the course request form to provide ASU time to assign you a student ID number. (Note: You must know your ASU Student ID Number, or CID, to fill out this form.) If you do not know your CID, check your emails from ASU, ask your HS counselor, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students are limited to seven (7) credit hours for each summer term.
- ASU will confirm with your high school instructor the courses that you have requested. One the counselor approves your course selections, we will enroll you in the courses.
- The priority deadline to complete the application and the course request form is April 15th. After April 15th, the forms will remain open; however, ASU cannot guarantee that a seat will be available in a course after this time.
Course Materials and Technology
Please check this webpage and your personal email for more information about the materials needed for the course you select. It is your responsibility to order the course materials and have them available to use prior to the first day of classes. Do not wait to order any needed materials.
We are excited that you’re interested in summer online dual credit courses. Here’s a few things you should expect to be successful in your course(s):
- Courses move quickly, so you need to log into RamPort every day.
- Keep a calendar of assignment due dates and meet the deadlines.
- Vacations are not an excused absence. If you know you have a vacation planned during the summer course, you need to complete any course requirements prior to your vacation, if available. If you have an extended vacation planned, it’s probably not a good idea to take a course during that term.
- You need to have reliable access to the internet and a computer.
- You need to have any required textbooks prior to the first day of class.
- You are responsible for checking your course schedule in RamPort to ensure you are registered for the proper courses.
- You should access your course starting on the first day of classes (June 7 for summer I and July 12 for summer II).