Before applying, check and make sure that you and your expenses qualify for aid.
Requirements to Apply for Funds
- Currently enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student at ASU
- Have experienced a financial emergency as a result of an unplanned event
Expenses that may be considered include, but are not limited to:
- Overdue rent and utilities (must be in student’s name)
- Replacement of belongings lost in a fire or natural disaster
- Safety related needs (i.e. changing locks, short term emergency shelter)
Expenses Not Covered
Examples of what will not be considered:
- Study abroad expenses
- Parking tickets and other university-imposed fines
- Non-emergency expenses
- Non-essential utilities
- Anticipated expenses, such as credit card payments
- Expenses incurred due to money mismanagement
Important information for applicants:
- Students may apply for Emergency Aid as many times during the academic year (fall, spring and summer) as needed; however, Emergency Aid will only be awarded up to a maximum amount of $500 per academic year.
- Awards through this program may affect federal aid eligibility and/or calculation of need.
- Incomplete applications or failure to provide documentation will result in an immediate denial of your request.
- Decisions made by the ASU Emergency Aid Committee are final and will be communicated to the applicant by phone and via email to their ASU email address.